Terms and Conditions for painting commissions
Please read before placing any orders, any orders will be on the bases that you agree with these terms.
Our Painting terms are simple and straight forward. Contact us and provide us with your painting requirements. This can be done by completing the painting commission form and checking the "I agree on the terms and conditions button.NB This covers all your future commisions with FOWP.
We will on receipt contact you with the price for work to be carried out, if you are happy with the cost and would like to book a space in our studio we will require a 50% none refundable deposit from you. The other 50% will be due on the completion of the painting project. (There will be Postage and Packaging to be added to the cost. (This will be worked out at cost). See Postage and Packaging below.
This will guarantee you painting project space in the studio, normally the turn over time is approx 8-16 weeks depending on the size of the project and our work load, although some orders may require more time, some less time*. *This does not include weekends/bank Holidays or annual holidays, ill health or situations outside our control. You will be given a project painting number. This number will be used throughout the project to update you on progress.
FOWP will contact you on the completion of the work updating you with photographs of the finished miniatures. No photos are supplied during the commission. Any adjustments will be made to the clients satisfaction as per the project brief at this stage.The final 50% payment will be required on confirmed COMPLETION/sign off by client by Face book messenger or email . A request then for payment will be made via your email address and payment would be made via the secure PayPal gateway through the PayPal website. You will be notified when this has been completed by PP and FOWP Once payment has cleared we will send out the miniatures to you at the addrees you have provided (if this is not the address please let FOWP know what address to send to). In most cases this will be via Royal Mail, 2nd class tracked and signed for (UK). There may be a difference to this for overseas clients. (We will inform you of this) due to the destination.
NB payment must be made on completion of the project. However if payment has not made within a time period of 14 days after notification of completion and client sign off, all unpaid commission miniatures will be sold to cover the cost of the commission. If you are on holiday or have unforeseen circumstances please notify FOWP asap.
Our costs are for painting services ) time materials and expertise only and do not include cost for the models themselves or postage and packing.
Our prices are subject to change without notice.This does not affect agreed commission prices.
Please check our prices list before engaging in any commissions.
Painting turn over times
8-16 weeks is the general rule However some times due to holidays/studio process/deadlines we may take longer to complete a commission than have stated. We wish to maintain our high standards and not compromise our quality to you our clients:)
FOWP reserve the right to cancel any commission and will refund any deposits made and figures returned that have had FOWP painting and modlling services applied (if deposit paid in full) before commission deadline if circumstances require this. The client will be required to to pay postage and packaging for any returned miniatures.
Note regarding colour paint matching. I have noticed occasionally that same paint colour purchased from the same manufacture varies a little either having a lighter or darker shade than the original or last one used. Some have even changed their painting colour manufacturer when updating their range. I will always aim to match previous colour schemes, and have colour cards for each type of painting commission with mixing ratios etc. This is not normally a problem however I can not guarantee a 100% match due to these reasons/conditions.
POSTING and Packaging from FOWP
PLEASE NOTIFY FOWP IF YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED since your last order. We will always use the one we have on our records unless notified of any change.
All goods delivered via courier or the Post Office’s delivery service and is at the client’s risk. We will take due care to pack goods as carefully as possible to prevent damage, but due to the fragile nature of the product, we can’t accept any responsibility for goods damaged in transit or lost in transit . In view of this FOWP reccomend that the client take out insurence to cover the total value of the final painted miniatutres. PLEASE NOTIFY FOWP IF YOU WISH TO DO THIS.
NB: It is the clients responsibility to may sure that the contents sent over to FOWP are correct and are what have been agreed. Please DOUBLE CHECK items.
NB When sending miniatures to FOWP please make sure you mark up who they are from.
POSTING OVERSEAS from clients country of postage to FOWP in the UK
From clients country of postage to FOWP in the UK.
If you are sending your miniatures from outside the EU for delivery to the UK, you’ll have to pay HM Revenue & Customs a (Customs Duty (if over £120 value) and Import VAT (if over £18) on top of the painting commission price (including duties), though Customs Duty is waived if the amount of the calculated duty payable is £7 or less. Please note there is also an £12 Parcel Force Fee for collecting the Import VAT (info based) March 2019
Please note FOWP/MFP WILL NOT COVER ANY IMPORTED TAX or duties owed from Client/customer COUNTRY OF POSTAGE TO FOWP , it is not our responsibility to cover it. Any expense caused by imported tax or duties owed by UK customs or UK inland currier will be paid by buyer/client/sender.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND IMAGES
Please note. Any painting commissions undertaken using the Flames of War painting FOWP and Miniature Figure Painting (MFP) service you agree to any painting commission images are the properity of Barry Evans Flames of War painting FOWP and Miniature Figure Painting (MFP) and can be used in any digital format required for media display.
Disclaimer: We are not connected to Flames of War Ltd or Battlefront Miniatures. We just love painting their fantastic miniatures.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CLIENT TO SUPPLY TRANSFERS FOR THEIR MINIATURES
Please check your contents to confirm if transfers are part of your mini packs. If no transfers are sent over then no transfers will be applied. (In the past I have covered this with my own transfers, however the amount of mins received without transfers had become a issue) I will not know cover this for clients SORRY
CLIENT DATA STORAGE
I do not exchange or pass on any information regarding clients personal information it is used only to contact you and to post out your completed miniatures. If you wish to have your information deleted from my records please contact me and I will remove it and confirm with you. This website also has a SSL secure certificate.
Any orders placed with us are on the basis that you agree with FOWP terms and conditions. Do not place any orders if you do not agree with our terms.
Click here to contact us for a painting commision
• The content of the pages of this web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this blog site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements.
• This web site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trade marks reproduced in this web site which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the web site.
• Unauthorised use of this web site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this web site may also include links to other website or blogsites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the web site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked web site(s).
• Your use of this web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the web site is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
• Our host website provider is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, and therefore adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles.
We do not subscribe to or promote any extremist political views from any political parties. Any views or opinions presented by external inks and media sites are solely those of their authors and do not necessarily represent those of FOWP.